WHAT IS NUTRISYSTEM?
Nutrisystem is a weight-loss program that delivers prepackaged foods right to your door. The company has been providing portion and calorie controlled foods since 1972. The official website states that its food offers:
- The right mix of vitamins and minerals.
- Plenty of lean, healthy protein
- Enough fiber to keep you feeling full
- Low-glycemic levels that stabilize blood sugar
- An opportunity to learn up to 5 pounds in the first week.
- No preservatives or artificial ingredients.
While you can eat self-prepared foods, most of your meals will feature the Nutrisystem labels. After reviewing dozens of diets, we believe Nutrisystem to be one of the best. Keep reading to find out what sets it apart from its competition
Nutrisystem offers three different plans:
This plan costs about $300 dollars per month. It offers a narrow array of pre-selected foods, multiple support tools, and online tracking. Users on the basic plan also get access to a turbo plan that results in up to 10 pounds of weight loss in your first month. This tier is low-cost and designed for those already experienced with dieting.
The Core plan starts at $10.54 per day. Your available menu, meanwhile, expands to 100 different foods. This plan includes everything offered by Basic, however, it adds the support of a dietician and nutritional counselor.
For about $12 dollars per day, you get access to 150 different pre-made foods. Aside from the expanded menu, there are few differences between this tier and Core.
NUTRISYSTEM SIDE EFFECTS AND INGREDIENTS
A powerful thickener used in a wide variety of foods. Research linked it to lower blood sugar and cholesterol in diabetics. WebMD cautions, however, that overconsumption leads to flu-like symptoms and lung problems.
A binder sourced from red algae and seaweeds often used to thicken foods. It also improves the consistency of many gritty foods. Doctors the world over use it to treat bronchitis, tuberculosis, and intestinal discomfort. According to WebMD, however, “there’s some evidence that it might cause cancer.”
A B vitamin found naturally in vegetables, eggs, milk, and grain. It improves overall digestion and lowers high cholesterol. It also helps the body dispel toxin. This vitamin is not known to produce side effects.
A phosphate that’s heavy in iron and important for energy and blood health. It’s most often found in red meat. Many people in the world suffer from an iron deficiency.
A pigment found in many fruits and vegetables that’s rich in Vitamin A. It helps improve skin health and improve overall health. It’s not known to cause any dangerous side effects.
A fibrous food rich in amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids. It’s typically used to improve overall digestive health.
This program offers a wide variety of pre-made foods, including stuffed chicken breast, roasted turkey, barbeque, muffins, Alfredo, flatbread, crepes, roasted vegetables, and chili. With over 150 items to choose from, many frozen and some vegetarian-friendly, Nutrisystem will never get dull.
This is not your typical starvation diet either. The company’s foods do more than cut your calorie intake, they provide vital vitamins and minerals. With no artificial ingredients to speak of, you can always rest assured that you’re eating quality, wholesome ingredients.
YOUR WALLET ON NUTRISYSTEM
While expensive, this program offers the benefits of convenience and choice. In fact, it’s so convenient, that WebMD once described it as “the ultimate in convenience.” Nutrisystem will allow you to cut back on time spent in the kitchen and money spent at the grocery store. Don’t worry about counting calories and avoiding your favorite foods. On Nutrisystem, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Isn’t $300 dollars a month a great price for your peace of mind?
THE BUSINESS OF NUTRISYSTEM
Nutrisystem, Inc. owns the brand. You can reach them by:
Phone: 1(8100) 585-5483
Snail Mail: 600 Office Center Dr., Washington, PA 19034
The company is well-regarded for its customer service. If you visit their [Consumer Affairs] page you’ll see active conversations between the company and unsatisfied customers. When you couple that with their dedicated representatives, it’s clear that Nutrisystem truly believes in supporting its customers.
There’s no shortage of reviews online. Here’s what a few customers had to say:
- ” Used it before and I can truly say it helped me lose weight
- ” I find the plan to be very easy to follow and have gotten to know which selections I like which really makes it much easier. I would recommend the plan to anyone.”
- ” Nutrisystem has worked for my needs simply because it is very easy to follow and offers enough variety in food options.
- ” “Wasn’t confident that it would work at first, but after a week I saw I lost a ton of weight I couldn’t lose previously”
After 2,350 reviews, Nutrisystem has a 4.2-star rating with the Consumer Affairs forum. Many reviewers lauded the company for its great customer service, excellent food, and its program’s effectiveness.
ADVANTAGES OF NUTRISYSTEM:
Here’s why we fully support Nutrisystem:
- Offers a huge variety of foods, including desserts.
- It’s owned and operated by caring health professionals.
- Lets you select your service tier.
- Its reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
- The company’s meal delivery system is convenient and proven.
- Its foods are nutritious and free of artificial ingredients.
- Nutrisystem has over 40 years of results backing it up!
DISADVANTAGES OF NUTRISYSTEM:
The program is not perfect, however. There are a few issues:
- Few of its options are celiac friendly.
- Some foods feature a potential carcinogen as an active ingredient.
- Requires you to buy food in bulk.
- Does not offer a fitness component.
CONCLUSION – DOES THE NUTRISYSTEM WORK? :
When researching Nutrisystem, you need to look at the science and years of customer support behind it. The company’s weight-loss strategy is simple: control calories, get results. Sending you pre-packaged foods make it convenient and easy to adhere to. It offers enough variety to fight off boredom, and enough nutrition to keep you satiated.
That’s why we believe Nutrisystem to be the top-rated diet of 2017. Visit their [website] to sign-up!