WHAT IS THE HCG DIET?
The HCG diet relies on a mixture of starvation and hormone injections to drive weight loss. The namesake ingredient, HCG, is a hormone farmed from mammals in their embryonic stages and the subject of a great deal of controversy. Albert T.W. Simeons created this diet to capitalize on HCG’s mystical abilities to drive rapid weight loss.
Due to rampant misuse, however, you cannot acquire true HCG without a prescription. Doctors, however, still use both real and synthetic HCG to treat fertility issues in women.
THE BENEFITS OF THE HCG DIET
Doctors banned HCG for a reason. However, this diet plan offers limited benefits, such as:
- Increased strength and sex drive reminiscent of natural testosterone.
- Boosted fertility rates.
- Notable amounts of weight lost.
THE BAD AND UGLY OF THE HCG DIET
Experts consider this diet outdated and dangerous. The drawbacks of the this diet far outweigh any so-called benefits. These drawbacks include:
- No scientific evidence supports HCG’s effectiveness as a weight loss aid.
- The FDA has urged dieters to “ “steer clear of these “homeopathic” human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) weight-loss products” .
- The diet has severe side effects including restlessness, depression, fluid retention, and fatigue.
- Eating less than 500 calories a day can produce serious, life-threatening side effects. The FDA reminds consumers that “ “Living on 500 calories a day is not only unhealthy, it’s hazardous.”
- Weight loss fades once the starvation diet ends.
CUSTOMER OPINIONS OF THE HCG DIET
While the government banned this diet in 2011, there are still some reviews out there. Here are a few choice comments DIETSiTRIED managed to find:
- ” My blood pressure shot up, flushed skin… very scary”
- “I felt terrible: headaches daily, weakness, dizziness, nauseated
- “I’ve had nothing but a good experience!”
- “Would not recommend this to anyone”
- “Have horrible leg cramps and I’m hungry all the time”
Many other comments documented customers’ struggles with the HCG Diet’s side effects. The most troublesome symptoms include migraines, mood swings, dizziness, stomach pain, and nausea. These symptoms, however, are more indicative of the diet’s low caloric allowances than any issues with HCG. Sustaining such a diet for a long period of time is difficult and, ultimately, impossible.
BUSINESS OF HCG DIET
Any businesses currently selling this product are in violation of FDA policies. Many companies who refused to halt HCG sales faced dire legal consequences; Medpage Today adds: “the FDA and FTC threatened to forcibly halt their operations” These companies face steep legal fines and other punishments.
In other words: HCG no longer pays.
CONCLUSION – DOES HCG DIET WORK?
The FDA banned the HCG Diet in 2011. That should really say it all. This diet asked its users to mix two deadly items: unproven supplements and starvation. For those who did manage to try the diet, success was fleeting and unlikely. Many individuals reported fatigue, hunger pangs, and other side effects.
DIETSiTRIED will not, and cannot, recommend this illegal diet. Try checking out the fan-favorite 18 Shake Diet instead!