WHAT IS THE TONE IT UP DIET?
The Tone It Up diet is a comprehensive fat burning system offering recipes, newsletters, discounts, community support, fitness tips, and a customized nutrition plan to its users. Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott founded this lifestyle brand in 2009 to help women get in shape. Both women consider themselves experts in fitness and nutrition. They are also huge believers in community-based weight loss. In a talk with Forbes magazine, Katrina said, “Without the pressure of a destination in mind from the get-go, we have been able to make Tone It Up more about the journey for us and our community members.” These girls claim that they have more than seven years of research to back up their program’s requirements and structure; good luck finding it though.
By focusing on boosting metabolism and providing nutritional help, this program gives women a well-rounded fitness perspective. Tone It Up’s creators claim that this diet does more than help you lose weight; it prevents it from coming back. Read on to find out if these claims are anything more than marketing malarkey.
TONE IT UP’S BASICS AND INGREDIENTS
This diet provides thousands of recipes for healthy salads, pancakes, wraps, smoothies, salads, and plenty more. Unlike many weight-loss plans, Tone It Up provides alternative meals for vegans, pescatarians, celiac, and vegetarians. Once you sign up, you get access to the following resources:
- More than 2,000 recipes.
- A daily workout plan coupled with support and a list of approved exercises.
- The opportunity to earn vacations and other prizes.
- An online community full of answers and advice.
- The 7-Day Slim down and bikini programs.
- A weekly newsletter.
- A 200-page official guide.
- Discounts and sales along with early access to new products.
As these recipes are made at home, there’s little information available about the ingredients involved or calories allowed. One promotional video, however, showed dieters eating grilled chicken, brownies, stuffed peppers, turkey wraps, and pancakes with a protein powder base. Without more specific information, however, we cannot judge the effectiveness of this diet’s contents.
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this diet with a proven meal replacement such as 18 Shake for better results.
BENEFITS OF THE TONE IT UP DIET
The Tone It Up Diet brings a few advantages to the table:
- Offers a truly comprehensive weight-loss plan.
- Customizes its recipes to fit special dietary needs and requirements.
- Once purchased, a single program subscription lasts for life. Each subscription costs $150.
- Grants you access to online support and an active online forum full of people rooting for you.
- The 7-Day Slim down and bikini programs.
- This program offers plenty of frill benefits.
DRAWBACKS OF THE TONE IT UP DIET
However, like all things, this diet also has drawbacks:
- The recipes tend to be tasteless and bland.
- Some recipes call for proprietary, potentially dangerous, powders and supplements.
- The program offers many common-sense tips that can be acquired without subscribing.
- Preparing meals from scratch requires dedication and time many dieters don’t have.
- Does not provide refunds or any sort of trial period.
- Only allows eating during scheduled, limited windows.
- Marketed solely at women. The reasons for this are unclear.
Business of Tone It Up Fat Burning System Diet
To learn more about Tone It Up, you can contact the company by:
Snail Mail: 703 Pier Ave. Suite B #806, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
The official website says: “TIU reserves the right, without notice and at its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, to terminate your ability to use the Website and to block or prevent future access to and use of the Website.” This means the company has the right to revoke your access to resources without warning or refund. The reasons behind this disclaimer are never clarified.
WHAT DO CUSTOMERS THINK OF TONE IT UP?
Customers had a lot to say about Tone It Up. Here are some highlights:
- ”Individual tips are straightforward and simple”
- “I don’t like this plan and wish that I never bought it really.”
- “The food can be quite bland.”
- “Don’t waste your money, It’s a lot of money for 192 page PDF. Strict timing of meals, what you can eat and when. Who can live like that?”
The most common complaints dealt with the blandness of the food, the basicness of the tips, and the high cost of the programs. A lack of a dedicated return policy, and the rising expense of homegrown food, contributed largely to the lack of customer satisfaction. While some people did lose weight, or enjoy the online forums, the positive comments were in the minority.
Conclusion – Does Tone It Up Work?
Tone It Up offers its users a Swiss army knife of recipes and support. Information about the specific foods consumed on this diet, however, is difficult to come by. In addition, while it adjusts to fit your dietary needs, the diet does not seem to take body type or age into consideration. Many users complained about the overall worth of this program. Much of the advice this program offers is basic and not the $150 price tag.